Meal-prep Sundays are kind-of sacred to me. In all honesty, if someone had tried to warn me even a year ago that I’d start spending my Sunday afternoons LOVING my time in the kitchen and cooking meals to last me a full week, I would’ve scoffed and told them they were bat-sh!t crazy. I was quite happy to let my incredibly wonderful, supportive man cook for me – and he did that for the majority of time at the forefront of my weight-loss journey.
Now? I never thought I’d say this, but I love to cook. Wait. Scratch that – I love taking foods I love and finding ways to make them healthy.
This week’s menu is, hands-down, my all-time favorite, thus far. Anyone who knows me is well-aware of how much I love my overnight oats, so of course that’s my first meal of every day.
Let’s move on to the good stuff, shall we?
Bison. So low-cal. So pumped full of protein. And OH-SO-TASTY!!!
- Before I get ahead of myself, I started this week’s endeavor by following this recipe for Keto-friendly rolls. The only alteration I made was shortening their bake-time to 25 mins. They turned out soft and glorious! Also the perfect size for the bison sliders. 102 calories each.
- I measured the bison meat out into 2oz patties and threw them on the grill. (TOTALLY OPTIONAL: prior to forming the meat patties, I diced onions and jalapenos to mix them in with my fresh, ground bison.) 2oz of bison is 62 calories.
- Dude… I made some stuffed jalapenos that are, quite possibly, the tastiest things I’ve ever made. I sliced jumbo jalapenos in half, longways, and carved the insides out. Then I took some whipped cream cheese, mixed some diced onions and some minced garlic into it and stuffed a teaspoon of that mixture into each jalapeno half. Finally, I took some uncured maple bacon, sliced those suckers in half, and wrapped the jalapeno with that before securing it with a toothpick. Throw the pan of those on the grill, and those suckers are FANTASTIC at only 53 calories per jalapeno.
- My fresh guac recipe doesn’t differ much from anyone else’s, but I spread 2 avocados’ worth into 10 servings which average out to about 50 calories per serving:
- 2 medium avocados are my standard base for 10 servings
- habanero peppers, finely diced
- diced onions
- jalapenos, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 mini lime
- add cilantro and salt to taste
The nicest part of all this? 267 calories for each meal. #WINNING