I DO say. Granted, it won’t be completely the same until I buy a food processor that will turn my concoctions into actual butter texture, however this awesome but TEDIOUS recipe is plenty worth trying. Especially considering it’s only 90 calories per 2 tbsps. vs the 190 that Nutella has. And if you love Nutella as much as I do, and you also love to incorporate it into your FITISH baking efforts, I highly recommend it. So, without further ado:
- 1.5 cups of skinned hazelnuts (my best suggestion on how to skin them is below)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla OR vanilla protein powder (I use the protein powder)
- 1/2 up erythritol (zero calories)… or you may use regular sugar
***To skin the hazelnuts:
- I’ve tried to roast them in the oven and skin them, but it wasn’t nearly as easy as it was when I boiled a pot of water with 2 tablespoons of baking soda in it. Once the water comes to a boil, dump the hazelnuts into it and gently stir so it doesn’t boil over. Strain them after 5 mins, and then most likely you’ll find yourself sifting through the skins and transferring the hazelnuts into the container you’ll use to process them. YES, it takes forever. It’s the longest part of the process. But you need to completely skin every one of them suckers.
- Use a food processor on the hazelnuts to get them as smooth as possible. Mix the other ingredients into the processor and continue to process until smooth. Add more sweetener, to taste.
This will be enough to fill a 16oz container, which will keep in the fridge for about a week. 🙂