Anyone who knows me KNOWS I’m not a chicken fan, but I gave this a solid go, and I wasn’t disappointed. Could be because of my newfound love of zoodles, or perhaps because I’d probably think a turd covered in pasta sauce would probably taste good.
But I digress. 😉 Here’s my latest meal prep recipe:
Get your crockpot out for this one!
- Poured 2 tbspns of olive oil into the crockpot and then minced 2 garlic cloves into it, some sea salt and black pepper to taste, and mixed it up a little to even it out
- Chicken breasts – I sliced mine into thin, 4oz cuts and then lined the bottom of the crockpot with them, coating each side of them with the garlic/olive oil mixture. It’s okay if you have to stack them.
- Either make your own pasta sauce, or you can just pour a jar of sauce over the chicken evenly.
- Turn that crockpot on low for 8 hours OR high for 4 hours.
- I made my zoodles around the time that the chicken was done cooking – sauteeing them over the stove.
- After that length of cooking time is over, top the sauce with some low-calorie shredded cheese and put the lid on it for a few more minutes – just enough to allow the cheese to fully melt.
- In your meal prep containers, use a cup of zoodles as your base, scoop out a chicken breast with some sauce and cheese. Boom. You’re done. And it can be as low as 240 calories, because…
- 4 oz chicken breast 120 calories
- 1 cup zoodles – 40 calories
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce – 35 calories
- 1/4 low-cal cheese – 45 calories