Anyone who truly knows me is fully aware that I’m a fool for Nutella. If I know it’s somewhere in the house, I will have to run after it every so often with a spoon, and it usually ends up with me feeling guilty. Why? Because it’s so high-calorie.
But WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO GOOD!?!?
I’m sharing with you one of my favorite recipes. It’s my favorite, because it incorporates Nutella and another one of my favorite guilty pleasures – ice cream. What if I told you that you could have a brownie bottom sundae for under 200 calories? You’d give me a funny look. But I’m tellin’ ya… With this recipe – and two of my favorite brands (Nutella and Halo Top) – it can happen.
Let’s start with the brownie recipe, shall we?
- 3/4 cup Stevia
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup Nutella (going to try and make my own to lower the calories even more. I will post more about that when the recipe is perfected)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all the dry ingredients; blend in egg whites, Nutella, vanilla extract. Blend well.
- Pour contents into greased baking pan and bake for 30 mins, or to your liking. I tend to like my brownies a little gooey, but it appears I’m in the minority on that one.
- I cut the pan into 16 brownies, which equals out to 64 calories per brownie.
I top mine with 1/2 cup of Halo Top’s “Mocha Chocolate Chip” ice cream, which is a whopping 70 calories. You may add whatever trimmings you like, but for a base of 134 calories for this little dessert is a no-brainer for me.